Apr 27, 2020
Important Health Update: COVID-19
At our practice, we take the health and safety of our patients and the community very seriously. We are closely monitoring the situation around COVID-19 and strictly following State and Federal government guidelines.
As an optometry practice focusing on eyecare and providing the best quality of care to our patients, we continue to uphold our high standards of hygiene and infection control policies and procedures.
With the evolving developments around COVID-19, we have implemented additional health measures to ensure we maintain a safe environment for you and our staff.
- Additional hygiene precautions have been implemented to prevent the spread of germs, including disinfecting of surfaces, all handled frames and equipment.
- All visitors are encouraged to use the available hand sanitiser within the practice.
- We are avoiding physical contact where possible and we are smiling to say hello rather than shaking hands.
- During consultations, we are utilizing protective shields and gloves as appropriate while avoiding unnecessary close contact and ensuring equipment is disinfected comprehensively for every patient.
- Our scheduled appointments are flowing such that social distancing measures are implemented with less patients in the waiting area and appropriate space utilisation and furniture layout that allows separation of seated patients. You can help us out here by arriving on time for your appointment to support this safety measure for the benefit of our community.
- We are vigilant in requesting and proactively engaging with our patients the messaging that if you are not well (with any symptoms of fever, sore throat, a cough or shortness of breath), been in close contact with someone diagnosed or suspected to have coronavirus, to please reschedule your appointment with us. We will continue to do this.
- We have strict protocols in place should any staff member become unwell to protect our patients and remaining staff.
- We are also operating at reduced hours at the practice minimizing our contact with the wider community at this time.
We will continue to update you.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our protocols further, please feel free to contact us at any time. We are always here to help.